I am now the proud owner of the Acne Jensen boots. After much research and contemplation, I decided that these are the ultimate black ankle boots for me. I like the slim, pointed toe, it gives the boots a feminine edge. The angular elastic gores makes it easy to slip on and pull up. I always prefer shoes with a little bit of heel. The stacked heel gives that extra height I’m looking for and it is perfect for walking around without getting a sore feet. I debated between suede and leather but ultimately chose suede. Suede shoes take less time to wear in. The boots only come in whole sizes, if you are a half size like me, I would recommend going up to the next whole size.
Ankle boots can be worn in any season. Here I share my favourite ways to wear ankle boots:
1. Contrast a feminine dress or skirt with ankle boots.
2. Roll or cuff your jeans so that your ankles peek out.
3. Tuck your jeans into your ankle boots.
4. In warmer weather, wear with denim shorts for that casual look (popular look at Summer music festivals).
5. Pair ankle boots with maxi dress or skirt.
6. Wear with stockings.
7. Go for a pair of fun coloured ankle boots. It will be the statement piece in any outfit.
See below for my top picks: