Parties are a really fun opportunity to experiment with different makeup looks you wouldn’t wear during the day. You can go bold without looking overly dressed up (just don’t go too bold!).
Here’s my favourite go-to festive makeup look. This means red lips and neutral smoky eyes with a touch of glitter to reflect my partying mood.
NEUTRAL SMOKEY EYES
Take any neutral eyeshadow palette with a combination of shimmery and matte neutral and brown shades. Here I am using . The four colours I am using is Virgin (shimmery nude), Sin (champagne pink), Buck (matte brown) and Darkhorse (deep chocolate brown with flecks of bronze).
1. First take the lightest shade Sin and sweep it all over your eye lids.
2. Now take the medium shade Buck and start to blend it from halfway across your eyelid. Always blend your shadow upward and outward into the crease of your eye lid.
3. Sweep the darkest shade Darkhorse into the outer corner of the eye and the crease to create a dark, intense shadow.
4. Highlight and create contrast by dusting a small amount of a nude shade Virgin over your brow bone.
5. To balance the intensity of your upper eye lid, take the darkest shade Darkhorse and sweep a it just under your eye, close to your bottom lash.
6. Blending is key! Use your brush to blend your shadow and buff out any harsh lines by working towards the outer corner of your eye.
7. Add a touch of glitter to the inner corners of your eyes for that extra sparkle and festivity. Here I am using Too Faced Starry Eyed in Silver Lining.
8. Apply your eyeliner. For more hints and tips, see my how to apply eyeliner tutorial.
9. Finish off the look with mascara on your top and bottom lashes.
Contour and highlight your cheekbones and add a touch of blush.
For more hints and tips, see my how contour and highlight tutorial.
CLASSIC RED LIPS
1. Apply a lip liner to give your lipstick more staying power and more definition to your lips. The liner should never be darker than your lipstick.
2. Outline using lip liner to get the perfect shape.
3. When you are happy with the shape, fill in your lips with the liner.
4. Layer lipstick on top to give you a more opaque and intense red.
For more hints and tips, see my how to wear red lipstick tutorial.
THE FINISHED LOOK