Flared denim has risen—both literally and figuratively. It’s no coincidence that all of our favourite new arrivals from denim brands are both flared and cropped. This style shows off your shoes with ease and are amazingly figure-flattering. Beloved by stylish celebrities and fully embraced by my street style peers, this denim trend has now officially hit the mainstream, proof that it’s going to stick around for a while.
Here are 7 rules to pulling the style off successfully.
1. The perfect length is right above the ankle.
2. Frayed hem is the only amount of distressing you need and want with this style of jeans.
3. When in doubt, wear blocked heeled shoes with your cropped flared jeans.
4. Tuck your shirt or wear cropped top to show off the figure-flattering high waist that most styles have.
5. If wearing ankle boots, make sure the jeans hit at or below the top of the boots.
6. Mules add a modern touch and comfort. It’s my favourite option for the weekend!
7. If wearing cropped flares to word, add polish with structured outerwear and classic footwear such as pointy heels.