Sure the temperature has dropped but that doesn’t mean you need to pack away your favourite skirts.
Here are five cosy ways to wear you skirt this Winter.
1. Wear with a knit. If you have exhausted your oversized knits, try a cropped one.
2. Pair with leather jacket or coat. Don’t be afraid to layer, wear a coat over your leather jacket for extra warmth.
3. Pair with boots. It could be any length from ankle boots to over-the-knee boots.
4. Black top and black tights is always a winning combination.
5. Wear a statement necklace to add interest to the outfit.
Tips for choosing the right skirt for Winter:
1. Go for a heavier material to keep you warm such as leather, wool, velvet, denim or heavy cottons. Avoid silk, satin or light polyester.
2. Avoid going too short. I personally prefer a maxi or midi length skirt. This way you can choose to wear the skirt with or without stockings.
3. Choose dark (black, navy or grey etc.) colours or jewel tones (green, maroon etc.).
4. Choose a skirt with texture to add interest such as pleats or ribbed.
5. Go for a pattern such as plaid, striped or checkered.
Here are my top picks this Winter: